Effective Date: 05/25/2018
Our Platform integrates with external platforms to buy and deliver ads to users of mobile apps. Generally, mobile users come into contact with our Platform when they are interacting with a mobile app where we have the opportunity to bid on an ad impression, when they view an ad delivered by our platform, or when they click or tap on an ad to visit one of our advertiser’s websites or apps.
Information we Collect
Motive collects and utilizes pseudonymous information on behalf of its advertising clients to target advertising to end users of mobile apps or in some cases to exclude users from targeted advertising.
This information includes:
- The advertising identifier assigned to a user’s device (ID for Advertising or IDFA on iOS devices and Advertising Identifier for Android Devices)
- IP host address
- Browser type (e.g. Chrome or Safari)
- Date and time of the ad request
- Device Hardware Type (e.g. iPhone 7, iPhone 6s+, HTC Pixel 2 etc.)
- Device Operating System (e.g. Android, iOS)
- the App you are using
- Carrier (e.g. T-Mobile, AT&T)
- Geographical location at different levels of granularity (e.g. City, State, GPS location etc.). We collect GPS location only if you have opted to provide this information to one of the partners we integrate with.
- Information about the ads users view and click, whether they install an app, and what they do on that app after they install it.
How we use the Data we Collect
We use the information we collect to deliver relevant digital advertising to users. We also use the information we collect to analyze and understand how users respond to ads, to determine what ads to bid on, and to otherwise provide and improve the services we provide to clients.
Information we Collect
We share the pseudonymous data we collect with select partners for purposes of allowing them to bid on ads, enhancing user profiles, and for otherwise operating our services. We also share the data we collect as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Motive or others; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Transfer of Information to the U.S.
Motive is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You can opt out of our use of data about your device at any time by using the settings on your device (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices and “Opt out of Personalized Ads” or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android devices).
If you initially consent to the collection of location information by an app, you can subsequently stop the collection of that information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We have your consent to do so. For example, we may seek your consent to show you ads that are based on your interests.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data and those rights are not outweighed by rights and freedoms of the individuals to whom the personal data relates.
Right to Access, Correct, and Delete Data
If you wish to submit a request a copy of data which Motive has on you or to ask that we edit or delete data about you, please contact Motive via email at email@example.com. Note, however, that Motive does not collect data that individually identifies individuals.
Right to Restrict Processing and Right to Object
As noted above under “Your Choices,” you may restrict our processing of personal data or object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by using the settings available on your device. If you have any questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions with respect to this policy or Motive’s privacy practices, please contact us at the following
Phone: +1 858 677 0792
Motive Interactive Inc.
6020 Cornerstone Court West, Suite 350
San Diego, CA 92121